Records Page is an organization offering free resources and information to help Americans find and/or request public records both online and offline.
The Freedom of Information Act and associated state laws make it possible for interested parties to use public databases through government agencies to learn more about someone else’s past – but this information is oftentimes hard to locate and the process to obtain them through government databases, agencies, and/or record custodians differs with each of the 50 states.
In addition, there are countless types of records publicly available so knowing where to look and what to look for is crucial when seeking out public information. Public information that’s widely available includes:
- Criminal records (felonies, misdemeanors, motor vehicle records)
- Inmate information (where jail or prisoners are located and how to contact them)
- Court records (litigations, estate probate, criminal history)
- Vital records (marriage, divorce, birth, or death certificates)
- State or federal records
- Active & bench warrant information
- Background checks and more
Our goal is to simplify this process by showing readers how to use public record searching methods and where to find information on nearly anyone.
So whether you’re meeting a new date, looking for a job, trying to buy a house, battling a spouse for child custody, or someone passes away with no will – we have you covered.